Requirements for membership:
Step 1: Find a local CAP squadron. With over a thousand squadrons nationwide, there is a squadron near you. Go HERE to find your local CAP squadron. You can find information about Valkyrie Cadet Squadron's location HERE. See the calendar for meeting dates and locations.
Step 2: Contact the squadron
Call and/or email the unit contact person and confirm the meeting date, time and location. You can also take the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about membership eligibility. Keep in mind that the phone number or email posted is often the personal contact information for the CAP member. All of our members are volunteers and try to respond to membership inquiries as soon as possible, so please give them a few days to respond.
You can contact Valkyrie Cadet Squadron by filling out this form HERE.
Step 3: Attend a meeting
The best way to learn more about CAP is to attend a meeting. You’ll have a chance to see how meetings are run and what types of activities are available. You should visit all the squadrons that are convenient to you. Each squadron has a different leadership, culture and volunteer opportunities. It is required for you to attend three meetings as a part of completing your membership application.
Step 4: Membership Application Process. The local CAP squadron will provide you with a membership application, fingerprint card (for adults) and inform you of applicable dues. Membership dues vary by state, and you can view our membership dues table HERE. Valkyrie Cadet Squadron does have local squadron dues, which are $5 per month, and collected annually on October 1st, and is prorated depending on when you join.
There are a few requirements that have to be met for each member before they join:
· The minimum age to join is 12 years old. The maximum age to join as a cadet is 18.
· You must be enrolled in or graduated from a private or public school or college with a satisfactory record in academic achievement.
· Good moral character.
· Be approved by the unit and higher headquarters.
Membership is a privilege reserved for those individuals who conscientiously desire to promote the objectives and purposes of CAP and who meet the eligibility requirements.
· All applicants must be accepted by the unit commander and higher headquarters.
· Must be at least 18 years of age or be a member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
· A citizen of the United States of America or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence to the U.S or its territories.
· All individuals applying for active senior membership must be screened and registered by National Headquarters. The screening process requires that the individual submit an FBI fingerprint card which can be obtained from the unit you wish to join. This card is used to complete an FBI background check.